Friday, August 13, 2010

A Saturday Surprise

T, Who is featured so very many times on this blog, celebrated a milestone birthday on August 8th.
I decided to throw her a surprise birthday party on the eve of her birthday - to REALLY surprise her!
And boy did we.
Almost all her friends declined to come out with us that day.
Her family (Hi Hana!!) helped a whole lot!
I fabricated some event we were going to attend.
And off we were on this complex web of deceptions.
My home was as decorated as can be without ruining my beautiful walls


The birthday girl ran a little late, but when she finally arrived we yelled SURPRISE!!!!
She jumped a little, and was relieved all her friends decided to come to her birthday after all.
We had lots of food, and lots of fun.
And then it was time to get in my kitchen
And get the beautiful cake my mom and I made
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm That cake was looking good!!!
My mom made it for me when I was 4 I think for my kindergarten party.
This one is a big favorite of mine.
So I was so super excited to cut into this baby.
But first thing's first!
Birthday wishes precede sugar fixes!

We all loved this cake, and together ate almost half of it :)
Then the entertainment portion of the evening arrived.
H (T's sister) arranged for a fun 3 part presentation for her.
T watched these 3 videos along with all of us in awe, laughter, tearfulness, and happiness.







After all the laughter it was time to go out to continue all the birthday celebrations.
We went out to a place called Maro and celebrated  until the wee hours of the night.



1 Tequila, 2 Tequila, 3 Tequila...Floor!



Happy Birthday you hot mama!
And thank you all you ladies who helped so much!!


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. You're such a great friend, that looks like an awesome party.
    By the way, I LOVE your house, come decorate mine =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome friend! Looks like you guys had a blast!!! That cake looked YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete