I loved the Recipe I found under this PIN. But I'm not so much of a loaf gal, so I converted the recipe to muffins :). These little buggers are sour and sweet almost equally. The lemon juice and zest make these irresistible!
I hope you enjoy them as much as hubby and I have!
1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (the more the merrier)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut oil (a little less is ok, and ass water if there isn't enough liquid)
1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh preferably, and rinsed (if you want to add extra, feel free)
For the Lemon Syrup:
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
Large pieces of lemon zest for decoration
For the Lemon Glaze:
1 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper muffin cups in muffin pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
5. In the now empty dry ingredient bowl, mix the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
8. While the muffins are cooling, make the lemon syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir together the lemon juice and sugar and lemon zest until the sugar is completely dissolved.
9. Once dissolved, continue to cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat.
10. Brush the top of the muffins with the lemon syrup. Let the syrup soak into the muffins and brush again. Let the muffins cool completely.
11. To make the lemon glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of the lemon juice. The mixture should be thick but pourable. Add up to another tablespoon of lemon juice if the mixture is too stiff.
12. Pour the lemon glaze over the top of each muffin. Place a piece of lemon zest on each muffin.
13. Let the lemon glaze harden, about 15 minutes, before serving.
Yields: 18 muffins
Pin It Now!