Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A week's summery

This week has been showing off some real weather tricks. We've seen hot, scorching, wet, monsoon, vertical rain, and just plain mild. All in less then 7 days.
My darling husband showed off some hotdog chef tricks that would put Gordon Ramsey to shame (or at least I like to think so). It's a maximum mustard preservation method.

I visited Starbucks for a lovely evening meeting with a friend. My Cherry Walnut biscotti came with irresistible instructions.
I followed them accurately!

Saturday was hot.
Mama and I went to a local shoe sale. Unsurprisingly, the crowd was a mob. Mama and I looked at each other, and backed away slowly. Shoes are fun, but battle wounds are fierce.
Lucky for us, outside the shoe sale, there was a book sale [read: options!].
The universe was trying to tell me something.
I happily obliged.
Yes, you are seeing right: that sign says $4.60/book.
I bought, got home and reorganized my library on Sunday.

That same Saturday we had a lovely afternoon celebrating hubby's Nonna's 75th birthday with lots of BBQ food and her favorite lemon poppy seed cake.
A week of sweet, salty, sour, and wild tricks completed.
More please! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment